If you’re an artist or otherwise in the art industry, we’re acutely aware of the challenges involved in getting an artist’s name and work out there. We even made an SEO cheatsheet for art galleries!
Improving website visibility is a priority when you need to stand out among your peers and compete with deep-pocketed galleries.
We’ve been lucky to have a marketgoo power user that is both a watercolor artist and a gallery owner: Patricia Hopkins. She owns the Hopkins Gallery and sells her own art through the Hopkins Gallery Store.
She’s faced challenges which any small business owner will identify with, such as using Google Analytics, using an eCommerce website builder, and being faced with the huge task of going through all the products on her store and optimizing title and descriptions one by one!
SEO for Art Galleries
The Hopkins Gallery’s SEO wins are thanks to a compound effect – there were no quick wins but rather steady SEO work throughout an extended period of time.
What were some of Patricia’s challenges?
- She used a user-friendly website builder for her site, but she also has components specific to an eCommerce site that need to be optimized
- There is high competition – she sells original watercolor paintings and giclee prints, and it’s hard to rank on general keywords like watercolor art for sale.
- Her target audience may not always know the art they want when they type in their search query on Google
- A potential buyer may visit the site many, many times before actually making a purchase
So how did an SEO Tool like marketgoo help The Hopkins Gallery Store gain visibility in search? Keep reading!
- Using marketgoo for: 1 year
- # Sessions in marketgoo: 213
- # Keywords tracked in marketgoo: 20
- # Competitors tracked in marketgoo: 4
- Website Platform: Weebly
- marketgoo Plan: marketgoo PRO
# of keywords in Top 20 Google Results
# of Ranked Keywords
# of Backlinks
Gained +33 new backlinks
- marketgoo was chosen among other tools because it was recommended by Weebly
- They consider the most valuable feature of marketgoo to be the Tasks
- The site’s traffic has increased +300% since they began optimizing with marketgoo
I have stayed with marketgoo because they have made learning technical improvements fun.
The Keys: fixing technical errors and creating quality content consistently
- Patricia has used marketgoo’s personalized SEO plan to optimize her website focusing on priority tasks first.
- She has used marketgoo’s Optimize for Search tool to give all her products titles and meta descriptions which include her keywords
- She has reached out and asked for help when she needs more guidance
- She understands her audience is is also on social platforms and is open to trying them as channels that refer traffic to her website
- She’s been able to build links for the website without it having a core focus on a blog or content, although this is something she will be working on in the near future.
My support representative(s) have been really helpful, positive and upbeat. Thank you marketgoo!