SEO and Weebly
We get this question all the time, “is Weebly any good for SEO?”, and while the long answer is below, the short answer is that you, as the site owner, are the one who makes your Weebly site SEO friendly. So, if you have chosen Weebly to build your site on, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from achieving SEO greatness. And Weebly makes it pretty easy.
There’s no time like the present you let you know that the MarketGoo team has been working on making it even easier for you. Keep reading to find out how exactly.
Getting SEO done in Weebly
One of the attractive features of website builders like Weebly is that they are easy to use for anyone and there is little risk of you ruining your site by accidentally altering code or making a silly mistake. There are a few things that Weebly does for you already that make your web optimization easier, among them:
- SSL is not always offered free (only on some plans), but you can easily acquire it through Weebly without having to go search elsewhere and going back and forth.
- 301 redirects are extremely easy to implement on your own and will help you avoid the dreaded broken links which can be bad for SEO.
- Weebly automatically generates and submits a Sitemap of your site to search engines.
- It’s extremely easy to add alt-text to the images in your site.
- You have an entire section within the Weebly Editor dedicated to SEO. If you go to Settings and then SEO, you can edit each page of your site and optimize it. What to put in each section? What is all this about H1, Meta description, title, tags? When to do it? Setup MarketGoo and find out 🙂
- The blogging function within Weebly has come a long way, and you can optimize each post easily for maximum search engine visibility. You’ll be able to edit the ‘permalink’ (the post’s unique URL), the title tag (aka SEO Post Title) and the meta description (aka SEO Post Description). If you use MarketGoo you’ll get an explanation on how to best edit these.
- Weebly’s got you covered on the basics you need to offer a good mobile experience.
More tips for managing your SEO on a Weebly site
- Try not to depend on just your home page to attract traffic. Have all your pages highly focused on different subjects that are relevant to your audience so you can rank for all the keywords you are aiming for. Always used the Advanced Settings for every page you create.
- Link, link, and then link some more! Become an expert at creating links within your page, to other pages, and getting your site linked back to.
- Use Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. Yes, it has a lot of information and some of it can be confusing and sometimes conflict with the metrics you see from other analytics sites (this is normal), but it gives you a good idea of where you are and of major errors.
- Understand what your keywords are, and who your competitors are. You have to know how users are reaching your site, and what kind of content you can create that is relevant to them.
MarketGoo is personalized for Weebly
If we’re mentioning MarketGoo way too much, it’s only because we are so excited – Weebly users now have access to Weebly specific recommendations within our tool. So now, you not only have our system detect errors and changes you need to make, we tell you exactly how to do it on your Weebly site. The Weebly knowledge base is a great resource: couple it with the MarketGoo for Weebly App and there will be no stopping you! We tell you what to do, when to do it, why to do, and exactly how. You can make use of the tips we’ve listed above and many more with our tool.
How do you get MarketGoo for your site? It’s easy as ever with the App Center. Go to Apps, thenApp Center and install MarketGoo.
Sites on Weebly doing well
We set out to find Weebly sites that look great and rank well, and here is what we found. Check them out: