We have a high volume of users who are looking to do SEO for Art – whether it be Artists, Gallery Owners or Art Museum Shops, we recognize the difficulty of ranking a site that relies heavily on images, is not always local-only, and caters to an audience who may not know exactly what art they’re looking to purchase or browse.
This week we’re featuring a success case precisely from this niche: Koningen Art. Svein Koningen is an abstract expressionist painter who is based in Australia.
His current location is one of the things that made his SEO journey particularly challenging: his site’s rankings on Google initially “tanked” because of his move to Australia.
Keep reading to see how exactly Koningen Art has made the most of our DIY SEO tool:
- Using MarketGoo for: 1 year
- # Sessions in MarketGoo: 53
- # Keywords tracked in MarketGoo: 19
- Website Platform: WordPress
# of keywords in Top 20 Google Results
# of Ranked Keywords
For Australia, the ranked keywords increased from 18 to 45 ranked keywords.
# of Backlinks
- Svein dedicates 10-20 hours a week working on his site’s SEO.
- The most important task was optimizing each page on the site for maximum visibility
- The most valuable feature of MarketGoo for Svein is the Reporting:
MarketGoo reports give me everything I need to know for my site’s SEO.I am constantly fine tuning my site to work towards a higher rating. I read various MrketGoo reports then immediately work out how to implement recommendations.
- Koningen Art has not needed to invest in Paid Ads (Google AdWords, Facebook Ads).
- The site received quotes of up to $AU 3000 to do SEO work – but with MarketGoo reports they were able to do it themselves!
After quotes from competitors and their lack of competence, I felt I was best placed to handle my own SEO but only after I discovered MarketGoo and the extensive reports that gave me huge insights to my many site issues.
To see what you can do to make sure your Art-oriented website is better optimized today, check out our cheatsheet on SEO for Art Galleries, and generate your Free SEO Report below: