When you’re a maker, the time you have to dedicate to your online presence is scarce. You want your brand name and work out there, but you also need to be fulfilling orders, doing customer service, admin tasks, networking, etc. At marketgoo we’ve had many users that are makers, and quite a few that are furniture makers.
If you have a website that showcases your furniture and you want it to help bring in more clients, then improving your site’s visibility is a priority, especially when you’re competing with larger, established furniture chain stores or galleries.
We had the opportunity to chat with marketgoo power users from Wanderlust Ironworks, a San Antonio, TX based artist duo that makes custom luxury furniture.
SEO for Furniture Makers
What were some of Wanderlust Ironworks’ challenges?
- They paid several companies and even one local one to get improve their SEO and none of the work done was legitimate, so they took matters into their own hands with marketgoo.
- There is high competition from other makers and from large establishments vying for similar keywords.
- A potential buyer may visit the site many times before actually making a purchase
So how did marketgoo help Wanderlust Ironworks gain visibility in search? Let’s take a look at their profile:
- Using marketgoo for: 1 year
- # Sessions in marketgoo: 674
- # Keywords tracked in marketgoo: 20
- # Competitors tracked in marketgoo: 4
- Website Platform: Weebly
- marketgoo Plan: marketgoo PRO
# of keywords in Top 20 Google Results
# of Ranked Keywords
# of Backlinks
Gained +1138 new backlinks
- marketgoo was chosen among other tools because it was easy and more cost effective
- They consider the most valuable feature of marketgoo to be monitoring competitors
- They noticed the site’s traffic has increased almost immediately since they began optimizing with marketgoo
The best feature is showing where I am compared to my local competitors on keywords.
The Keys: keywords, fixing errors and consistent optimization
- The Wanderlust Ironworks team used marketgoo’s personalized SEO plan to focus on priority tasks first – the most urgent fixes they needed to make for their site.
- They’ve used marketgoo to pick keywords for each of their pages, with a focus on their location (San Antonio. TX)
- They have reached out and asked for guidance from marketgoo’s Support team
- They understand what their competitors are doing online and their performance compared to them
- They have been extremely consistent in learning about SEO and dedicating about 15 hours a week to optimizing their site. Consistency is key!
I love the competitor function, it helps gain perspective on keywords I missed and became very important.