Over the years, we have talked with many marketgoo users that have created websites for their hair salons. If you own a hair salon, nail bar, spa or barber shop and you can only be found by word of mouth or by taking a walk around your neighborhood, it’s hard to grow your client base.
Most potential clients go online first to find salons, spas and other beauty and wellness services. You want to optimize your online presence to show them that your business is the best match for their interests.
Today we’re looking at how Jannie Christensen improved her site’s visibility using marketgoo for One.com. Jannie’s site, Hair Factory, is a hair salon in Denmark that offers services such as cuts, colouring, brows and more.
SEO for Hair Salons
To understand the SEO challenges that sites like Jannie’s face, let’s see what the unique characteristics of hair salon, nail bar, spa or barber shop websites are:
- They need to optimize for local search
- Many have a need for an online booking system
- They may have a high competition for keywords
- Many competitors invest in paid ads on social media and search
- Page 1 of the SERPs is often dominated by review aggregator sites
How did an SEO tool like marketgoo for one.com help Jannie improve her SEO? Keep reading!
- Using marketgoo for: 8 months
- # Sessions in marketgoo: 40-50
- # Keywords tracked in marketgoo: 15
- # Competitors tracked in marketgoo: 4
- Website Platform: One.com sitebuilder
# of keywords in Top 10 Google Results
# of Ranked Keywords
# of Backlinks
Gained +46 new backlinks
- The most valuable features of marketgoo for Risto are the keyword tracking and competitor analysis.
- He uses Google Analytics to complement marketgoo’s Report
marketgoo has made it easier for my customers to find me.
- The site’s traffic has increased +300% since he began optimising with marketgoo
- Hair Factory has not needed to invest in Paid Search Ads.
The Keys: fixing errors and controlling your online presence
- Jannie uses marketgoo’s personalised Report and SEO Score to understand how her site’s SEO has progressed.
- She continues to solve technical SEO errors and has optimised many individual pages on her site for specific keywords.
- She has images that showcase what she can do and the services she offers.
- Jannie makes it easy for site visitors to contact her, book an appointment, and see where exactly the salon is located in relation to their location.
- Jannie keeps an updated price list right on her site, helping her prospective clients determine if the salon’s services are within their budget.
- Jannie has optimised for local search results with keywords on her site and maintaining other properties such as her Facebook and Google My Business pages.
- Jannie has a solid presence on Instagram and Pinterest, with both profiles redirecting to her main website.
- She’s included reviews from satisfied customers directly on her page, so potential customers don’t have to leave her site and visit review aggregators to evaluate her services.
marketgoo is easy to use, it tells me how good I’m doing.